Neighborhoods and Nations is the blog of the Colin L. Powell Center for Leadership and Service, a nonpartisan educational, training, and research center named for its founder. This blog will serve as the mouthpiece for Center alumni, partners and staff to share their ideas, opinions, and work in the community and around the world.
You may remember our previous blog, the Powell Network Blog. That content has been migrated to the archives of Neighborhoods and Nations.
What We Do
We want Neighborhoods & Nations to be a collective voice and a vehicle for public conversation. Our topics and categories reflect the work of the Center in six key areas:
- Community and economic development
- Health care
- Environmental concerns
- International development
- Global security issues
Our posts fall in one of six categories:
- News & Events: goings on at the Center
- Public Speaking: contributors addressing issues
- Fellows at the Forefront: the work of our current fellows
- Community Contributions: the work of our community partners
- Our Alumni's Pursuits: what Center alumni are up to now
- Faculty Projects: the work of faculty in coordination with the Center
We Want You!
Are you a Colin Powell Center alum or community partner? We want your contribution! We aim to make the blogging process as easy as possible, so don't be daunted if you've never written for the Web before.